Location and Phone
- The Advising Center is located on the first floor of the Bell Tower, Room 1595.
- Please call 805-437-8571 or visit the Advising Center to schedule an appointment.
Advising Center Hours
- Monday - Thursday 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Friday 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m. (closed for lunch)
- Based on advisor availability
*Scheduled appointments are highly recommended.
Types of Appointments offered
- STAR Appointment
- Students first scheduled appointment that provides a framework for their educational plan and success here at CI. Advisors review students' graduation requirements, their CARR, along with setting short and long term academic goals.
- Degree Progress Check
- All scheduled appointments after the STAR are degree progress checks to assist students in their continued understanding of their degree requirements and to assist with any academic concerns.
- Drop in advising for issues that can be addressed on average of 10-15 minutes or less
- First two weeks of the semester, every Tuesday and Wednesday and all week during Registration.
- Students who have been notified of Academic Probation can attend a workshop or schedule and appointment to meet with an advisor.
- Phone Appointment
- We can complete appointment via phone. Student must have access to their MyCI during the appointment. Please let front desk know when appointment is scheduled.
- Video Chat
- We can Skype or Gmail Chat with students. Please let front desk know when appointment is scheduled.
- Examples of workshops are: Freshman STAR, New Transfer, Grad Review, Probation and Student Success
Advising Tips for Students
- Please arrive on time
- Please have your student ID number available at check-in
- Please come prepared with questions, goals and any necessary paperwork.
- Please turn off your cell phone during all advising appointments
- If you are ill, please reschedule your appointment we'll make arrangement for a phone or video chat appointment.
- The first two weeks of the semester and during registration times are extremely busy, if possible try to visit the Advising Center outside of those times to minimize a potential wait.