Welcome to CSU Channel Islands!
Advising is unable to meet one on one with new transfer students prior to the start of the semester. Necessary advising will be part of Transfer Island View Orientation and is intended to prepare students to register for their first semester only here at CI.
Advising and Faculty Advisors will explain degree and major requirements and help prepare students for registration and success at CI. Additional presentations will be provided by Records & Registration, Financial Aid and Student Business Services.
- Major Specific June 6-9, 2016
- "All-major" June 10, 2016
- Make-up TBA
Starting Fall 2016, Transfer Workshops will be part of Island View Orientation.
Persons with varying abilities may request assistance from the Disability Resource Programs (DRP) at 805-437-3331 at least 7 days prior to your workshop.
- Registration Guides, Tools and Tutorials
- Course registration begins June 13, 2016
How to Prepare for Your First Semester at CI
If unable to attend the workshop, this is basic information to help you register and prepare for your first semester at CI. Advising recommends students use a combination of their CARR, major advising form and degree checklist to understand remaining requirements here at CI. It is important to note, this information does not replace what is provided in the Transfer Workshop.
- How to View your CI Academic Requirements Report- CARR
- Note: Individual CARR Reports may not be updated at the time of registration
- Transfer Workshop Powerpoint (MS Powerpoint, 3.27MB)
- Tips for building your first schedule
- University Catalog
- Major Advising Forms
- Students with AA-T or AS-T
- How to enroll
- Spring 2016 Schedule of Classes
For more information:
Once the Semester Begins
- Schedule Major Specific Faculty Advising
- Schedule First Appointment with Academic Advising
- Review 4 Year College Success Plan
Island View Orientation
Students interested in attending a campus and university orientation please click IVO for more information.