Welcome to CSU Channel Islands!
Advising is unable to meet one on one with new transfer students prior to the start of the semester. Because new transfer students' only opportunity to meet with Advising prior to the start of the semester, students are strongly encouraged to attend a Transfer Student Workshop.
Advising and Faculty Advisors will explain degree and major requirements and help prepare students for registration and success at CI. Additional presentations will be provided by Records & Registration and Student Business Services.
- Major Specific December 16-18, 2015
- "All-major" December 18, 2015.
Register for a workshop.
Persons with varying abilities may request assistance from the Disability Resource Programs (DRP) at (805) 437-3331 at least 7 days prior to your workshop.
- Registration Guides, Tools and Tutorials
- Course registration begins December 21, 2015
How to Prepare for Your First Semester at CI
If unable to attend the workshop, this is basic information to help you register and prepare for your first semester at CI. Advising recommends students use a combination of their CARR, major advising form and degree checklist to understand remaining requirements here at CI. It is important to note, this information does not replace what is provided in the Transfer Workshop.
- How to View your CI Academic Requirements Report- CARR
- Note: Individual CARR Reports may not be updated at the time of registration
- Tips for building your first schedule
- How to enroll
- Major Advising Forms
- Major Specific Faculty Advising
For more information:
Once the Semester Begins
Island View Orientation
Students interested in attending a campus and university orientation please click IVO for more information.