You’re fascinated by life - at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels. You’re curious - about the relationship between life forms and their environment. By studying Biology at California State University Channel Islands (CI), you’ll receive an education that’s creative, innovative and focused on your goals and interests.
- Master of Science (MS) in Biotechnology
- Dual Degree: Master of Science (MS) in Biotechnology and Master of Business Administration (MBA)
CI is known for its interdisciplinary approach to learning and our biology program is no exception. You’ll gain a strong theoretical foundation that’s strengthened by extensive hands-on experiences. You’ll also benefit from:
- Small classes so you get personalized attention from your professors
- Laboratories with state-of-the-art technology
- Electives selected from your area of interest
- Student organizations like CI’s Biology Club
You can choose electives that provide the background and skills you’ll need for jobs in biotechnology, conservation, education, or for entry into certification programs in health-related fields such as medical imaging, clinical laboratory science, and public health microbiology.
Your biology degree from CI will prepare you to enter medical, dental, veterinary, or other health professional programs; graduate schools in all aspects of biology; or a career in business, industry or government.
Top careers include:
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- K-12 science teacher
- Health care professional (physician, dentist, optometrist, etc.)
- Conservation scientist
- Medical imaging specialist
- Pharmacist or pharmacy technician
- Research and development lab technician
- Veterinarian or veterinary technician
- Physical therapist
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.