Open University provides an opportunity for those people who are not currently admitted to CSU Channel Islands to enroll in courses offered by the regular university.
Begin Working Towards a Degree:
Have you missed the deadline for admission? Do you want to improve your gradepoint average to better qualify for admittance?
Sample a Field or Possible Career:
Are you thinking of a career change? Do you want to examine a new field before enrolling in a degree program?
Professional and Personal Enrichment:
Do you want to update your professional training in specific fields? Interested in learning more about a particular subject for your own personal growth?
Ask about our New Certificate Programs
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Biotechnology
- Certificate in Chemistry
- Certificate in Technical Writing
- Certificate in Program Management
- Certificate in Digital Media Art
Four Easy Registration Steps (For Open University Only)
- Check the CSU Channel Islands Schedule of Classes for the days and times of the courses you need.
- You must use an Open University registration form to enroll in courses through this program (available on website or by calling 805-437-2748)
- Attend the first class meeting and get the instructor’s signature. Registration is done on a "space available basis."
- Return the completed form to Extended Education by the end of the second week of classes. The fees per unit are the following:
Lecture unit: $185.00
Lab unit: TBA as required Full payment is required at the time of registration.
For more information, check the website at www.csuci.edu/exed or call (805) 437-2748
For course schedule information on the following special session degree programs, contact Extended Education at (805) 437-2748:
Dual MS Biotechnology/MBA Degree
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Science in Mathematics
Master of Science in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
Master of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)