Location: Sage Hall, Room 2109
Telephone: (805) 437-2748
Extended University responds to important needs in the community for continuing access to higher education, and provides overall support of the University's commitment to lifelong learning. It offers special session degree programs, credit and non-credit courses, and certificate programs. Extended University serves professionals throughout their career life cycles with job skills training, career upgrades, professional certifications, and accelerated courses of study. Additionally, the office custom designs courses for various groups and businesses in Ventura County and utilizes a mix of evening and weekend schedules, distance-learning technologies, and classroom locations throughout Ventura County and Santa Barbara Counties. Finally, it assists individuals of all ages seeking to enhance their lives through personal and cultural enrichment. For those who have not been admitted to the University, students can enroll in regularly scheduled degree-credit courses through Open University.
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Social Business
- Certificate in Chemistry
- Certificate in Technical Writing
- Certificate in Digital Media Art
- SHRM PHR/SPHR Certification Exam Preparation Program
- SHRM Essentials of HR Management
For admission and course schedule information on the following special session degree programs, contact Extended University at (805) 437-2748 or: http://ext.csuci.edu/spotlight/attend-information-session.htm
- Dual MS Biotechnology/MBA Degree
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN, ADN-BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Santa Barbara Cottage
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Business to MBA
OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute)
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) was created in 2004 to offer University-quality courses to mature adults over 50 years of age seeking intellectual stimulation and enhancement. Courses do not carry college credit, and thus do not entail tests or grading. Eighteen to twenty courses are offered during each of the eight-week fall, winter, and spring semesters. Courses meet on weekday mornings and afternoons on the CI campus, and on occasion in Ventura, Ojai, Thousand Oaks and in Camarillo on weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays. For a nominal fee, those 50 and better may become a member of the Institute for a single semester, or for the entire year. Annual membership entitles seniors to course enrollment all year, attendance at speaker series, participation in day trip programs, and on campus library privileges. Members also have the opportunity to serve on the steering committee which determines curriculum and many other aspects of the program.
Courses are taught by CI faculty, retired college and university faculty, and persons with special expertise. Each semester a balanced and varied program of courses is offered in the arts, music, social and natural sciences, english and literature, and history.
The fall session begins the third week of August. The winter session begins in early January, and the spring session begins in mid-March. Registration opens in June, for the fall session and in October for the winter and spring sessions. To enroll, call (805) 437-2748.
Open University provides an opportunity for those people who are not currently admitted to CI to enroll in courses offered by the regular University.
- Begin Working Towards a Degree: Have you missed the deadline for admission? Do you want to improve your grade point average to better qualify for admittance?
- Sample a Field or Possible Career: Are you thinking of a career change? Do you want to examine a new field before enrolling in a degree program?
- Professional and Personal Enrichment: Do you want to update your professional training in specific fields? Interested in learning more about a particular subject for your own personal growth?
CSU Channel Islands' Open University program allows enrollment in regular University credit classes on a "space available" basis, subject to the approval of the instructor and Academic Affairs. Check the CI Schedule of Classes for class meeting times and location. The registration process is easy. Admission to the University is not required, and the same fees apply to everyone.
Students may apply up to 24 units taken through Open University toward a baccalaureate degree. Grades received through this program will be factored into your grade point average at CI. Units earned through Open University may not be applied toward the 30 unit residency requirement.
We cannot guarantee a space nor assure that you will be permitted to enroll in any class. Instructors are not required to accept Open University students even if space is available.
Open University is NOT Available to:
- Matriculated students (those admitted for the current semester)
- Non-matriculated international students with a score of less than 450 on the TOEFL examination or its equivalent; and
- International students on F-1 or J-1 visas without proper authorization.
Please check the Open University website for the latest information on pricing and registration.