2006-2007 University Catalog
- “ABCDF” is the default grading system.
- Although it is not required, individual faculty members may add a “+” or “-” to any
grade except “F.” By adding a “+” to a grade, the grade points earned increase by
0.3 (except an A+ shall still be 4.0 grade points). By adding a “-” to a grade, the
grade points earned shall decrease by 0.3. Course syllabi are required to state clearly
whether “+/-” grading is used.
- A student may take a course “CR/NC” if the course is designated as allowing “CR/NC”
grading in the course approval process.
- Not more than 12 units of general education courses may be taken “CR/NC.”
- The decision on how many units of courses may be taken “CR/NC” and which courses can
be taken “CR/NC” is left up to each individual program.
- Course syllabi shall include a discussion of the instructor's grading policy.