SA.02.010 - Policy on Submission of Official Transcripts
Enrollment Services supports the mission and goals of the Division of Student Affairs by maintaining timely and accurate records on admission, enrollment, and academic progress and accomplishments of its students, while maintaining the privacy and security of those records.
Title 5 §40601(e) The term “application” means the submission to the campus by the person applying for admission of all documents including official transcripts of all the applicant's academic records and information which the applicant is required to personally submit, and the payment of any application fee due pursuant to Section 41800.1.
The Director of Admissions and Recruitment and the University Registrar
All applicants for admission to degree-, credential-, or certificate-granting programs at CSU Channel Islands.
Official Transcripts include all prior coursework attempted, withdrawn, completed, and in-progress at all institutions, colleges, universities, or high schools.
- A transcript is considered official if it is sent directly from the institution of origin to the Office of Admissions and Records at CSU Channel Islands and bears the official seal of the institution of origin and the signature of the custodian of records. A transcript hand-carried by the applicant from the institution of origin in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution is also considered official. A transcript bearing a college seal is not official unless it meets the above guidelines.
- Official transcripts are required from all institutions attended, including extension and correspondence courses, even if withdrawal occurred prior to the completion of the course(s). The University reserves the right to determine whether a transcript will be accepted as official. An applicant disregarding these requirements is subject to disciplinary action and may have the application for admission cancelled.
- As schools and colleges will send transcripts only upon the request of the student, the responsibility for insuring that official transcripts reach the Office of Admissions and Records rests with the applicant.
- All transcripts submitted to CSUCI become the property of the University. Students are required to have their own personal set of transcripts from all institutions attended for advisement. The Office of Admissions and Records will not provide copies from other institutions.
- Students admitted on a Provisional basis must submit required final official transcripts by the established deadlines. Failure to comply will result in cancellation of provisional admission or a hold on further enrollment until final official transcript is received.