CSUCI Mission Statement
Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives.
CSUCI graduates will possess an education of sufficient breadth and depth to appreciate
and interpret the
natural, social and aesthetic worlds and to address the highly complex issues
facing societies. Graduates will
be able to:
- Identify and describe the modern world and issues facing societies from multiple perspectives
within and across disciplines, cultures and nations (when appropriate); and
- Analyze issues, and develop and convey to others solutions to problems using the methodologies,
techniques of an academic discipline..
CSUCI Graduates are:
- Informed about past, present, and future issues affecting human society and natural
world, and the interrelatedness
of society and the natural world;
- Empowered with the disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge necessary to evaluate
problems, the ability
to translate knowledge into judgment and action, and excellent communication
skills for conveying their
interpretations and opinions to a diverse audience;
- Creative in developing imaginative self-expression and independent thinking, with joy and passion for learning; and
- Dedicated to maintaining the principles of intellectual honesty, democracy, and social justice, and to participating in human society and the natural world as socially responsible individual citizens.