Repeat Policy (Forgiveness of Previously Earned Grade)
The Forgiveness of Previously Earned Grade Policy may be used only by undergraduate students. It may not be used by graduate/post baccalaureate students working on master's degrees, graduate certificates, teaching credentials or by unclassified post baccalaureate students, even when they might take undergraduate courses.
- In the case of a repeated course, the subsequent grade is substituted for the earlier one in the computation of units attempted and grade point average. The previous course grade(s) remain(s) on the record, but is/are annotated as being discounted from grade point average calculations.
- This policy applies only to courses taken at CSUCI and repeated at CSUCI.
- A student may repeat up to a total of eighteen (18) semester units taken at CSUCI, for forgiveness. Beyond 18 semester units, all grades received will be averaged into the GPA.
- This policy may be used only on grades of “WU,” “F,” D-, “D,” “D+,” “C-,” “IC.”
- This policy may not be used on grades of “A+”, “A”, “A-“, “B+”, “B”, “B-“, “C+”, “C”, “I”.
- A grade assigned as a result of student disciplinary procedures cannot be forgiven and will be computed in the grade point average.