CI is known for its interdisciplinary approach to learning and our computer science program is no exception. You’ll gain a strong background in computer hardware and software and gain the critical thinking skills you need to be successful. By studying Computer Science at California State University Channel Islands (CI), you’ll receive an education that’s creative, innovative and focused on you.
- Minor in Computer Science
- Minor in Computer Game Design and Development
- Minor in Information Technology
- Minor in Robotics Engineering
You’ll also benefit from:
- Small classes so you get personalized attention from your professors
- Access to state-of-the-art resources
- Hands-on learning opportunities—both in class and through internships
- Student organizations like the Computer Science Club
We couldn’t say it better than NetworkWorld: “If you want to have a high-paying job on graduation day, study computer science.” Your computer science degree will prepare you for creative, fun and interesting careers. Our alumni work in high-tech, computer, entertainment and Internet-driven industries; in business and education; and for the military and the government. They’ve also gone on to study at top graduate schools.
Top careers include:
- Computer scientists
- Software developers
- Computer systems analysts
- Computer programmers
- Database administrators
- Computer network and systems administrators
- Information security analysts
- Web developers
- Computer network architects
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.