You live to share your love of learning. You have the passion and dedication to help the students of today become the leaders of tomorrow. In California State University Channel Islands' (CI) Teaching Credential and Authorization Programs, you'll be well-prepared to meet the needs of the diverse students in California's public schools - and for a successful and fulfilling career as a teacher.
- Administrative Services Credential
- Multiple Subject Credential
- Single Subject Credential: Mathematics; Science; English and Social Science
- Education Specialist Credential: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Intern Teacher Credential
Master of Arts in Education
- Educational Leadership Specialization
- Special Education Specialization
- Curriculum and Instruction Specialization
CI's teaching credential programs prepare public school educators for teaching in grades K-12. You will develop the necessary skills to meet the needs of the diverse student population found in California public schools, including students with special needs and English-language learners. All programs offer a unique blend of theory and classroom practice, offering up-to-date, standards-based instruction. An underlying principle of our programs is the belief that all children are capable of being actively engaged in learning - regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ability or economic status.
Depending on which program you choose, you'll be prepared to teach in settings ranging from kindergarten through high school, and to work in areas ranging from instruction and special needs to school administration and curriculum design.
Top career fields include:
- P-12 teacher
- Special education teacher
- School principal or administrator
- Instructional coordinator/designer
- Childcare center director
- Adult literacy/GED teacher
- Post-secondary education administrator
- Health educator
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.