You can look back at your school years and see them - a teacher, a mentor, a principal who inspired you. You want the opportunity to inspire others - in the classroom and in life. At California State University Channel Islands (CI), you'll receive an education that's creative, innovative and focused on you so that you can share your passion with others.
- Administrative Services Credential
- Multiple Subject Credential
- Single Subject Credential: Mathematics; Science; English and Social Science
- Education Specialist Credential: Mild to Moderate Disabilities
- Intern Teacher Credential
- Master of Arts in Education: Educational Leadership Specialization
- Master of Arts in Education: Special Education Specialization
- Master of Arts in Education: Curriculum and Instruction Specialization
CI is known for its interdisciplinary approach to learning and our Early Childhood and Liberal Studies programs are no exception. Our Early Childhood Studies program will prepare you to work with preschool-age children. If it's more convenient, you have the option to study on the Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) campus, thanks to a partnership between CI and SBCC.
Our Liberal Studies program offers you three options - one that prepares you for interdisciplinary careers (not necessarily in teaching) and two that prepare you to teach in elementary schools.
At CI, you'll benefit from:
- Small classes so you get personalized attention from your professors
- Access to state-of-the-art resources
- Hands-on learning opportunities - both in class and through field placement with experienced teachers in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties
Your Early Childhood Studies degree will prepare you to continue your studies at graduate school - or to pursue a credential in teaching. Your Liberal Studies education will provide a firm foundation - whether you want to teach or to work in any number of career fields.
Top careers include:
- Curriculum developer
- Post-secondary teacher
- Special education teacher
- Education administrator
- Library/media specialist
- K-12 teacher
- Vocational teacher
- Pre-School teacher
- Infant care provider
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.