Accounting and Financial Services
The Accounting department is committed to providing high-quality and prompt customer service to our students, faculty and other staff who serve our students, and the community that supports our campus.
The Accounting department is responsible for, but not limited to, the accounting services for the University and all its auxiliary organizations. Those auxiliary organizations currently consist of the CSU Channel Islands Foundation, the University Glen Corporation and the Associated Students, Inc. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the integrity of fiscal data through establishment of adequate internal controls to safeguard the assets of the University and its auxiliaries.
- Identifying regulations and other fiscal compliance requirements that must be adhered to, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure campus compliance.
- Proper and timely processing of all cash receipts and disbursements.
- Initiation and payment of debt instruments to support the needs of the campus.
- Billing of students and all funding sources including the State of California, external grantors, third-party sponsors of students and many others.
- Processing student fee payments to the University as well as financial aid receipts and disbursements back to our students.
- Financial and compliance reporting to numerous internal and external customers.
- General support to the campus community in meeting their responsibilities in matters that have fiscal implications.