Applicants Who Were Denied or Had Their Provisional/Conditional Admission Rescinded
CI reviews all applications and transcripts for CSU eligibility. If after review of all submitted documents a student is deemed not admissible, the student can elect to appeal the decision. Students will have 15 business days from date of denial of admission notification to submit an appeal. In addition, students can only submit one appeal per academic term.
The student must complete the following steps:
1. Download and complete the form appropriate for the appeal.
2nd Review Consideration Form (for students who have been denied admission (not yet admitted)
This form is to be used if you have applied to the university and have been denied. You are requesting a second review because of one of the following scenarios:
- Self reported information is incorrect (i.e. student made a mistake on their application)
- Academic improvement (i.e.. student's grades have improved since the time of application)
- Completion extension (i.e. student will not complete the admission requirements by the stated deadlines, ex. request to use summer 2013 for fall 2013 admissions)
Admission Exception Form (for students already provisionally admitted)
This form is only available to students provisionally admitted to CI, but will no longer meet the admission requirements or whose admission has been rescinded.
Please note: The 2nd review and admission exception process does not guarantee admission and is subject to availability of enrollment at CSU Channel Islands.
2. Mail completed form and documents to:
CSU Channel Islands
Attn: Admissions & Recruitment, Appeal Process
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012
Please note: Requests for 2nd review and admission exception will not be accepted for students with less than a 2.0 GPA for California resident (2.4 GPA for non-CA resident) and for students not in good standing at their last institution attended.