You’ve been admitted. What must I do next?
Getting Started: Read the Freshmen Fall 2016 Enrollment Guide (PDF, 647 KB)
You received this guide as part of your Admissions packet. The following steps summarize information included in the guide. Please note the guide includes details regarding placement exams and deadlines.
Step 1: Accept our Offer of Admissions
To reserve your space for fall 2016, admitted applicants must complete the 3-step Intent to Enroll process no later than May 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. The first step is to accept our offer of admission:
- Log onto your myCI (myci.csuci.edu) and click on “CI Records.” Your login information was emailed upon submitting your application for admission.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page (under “Admissions”) and “Accept” or “Decline” Admissions. After accepting our offer of admission, a yellow triangle will appear and remain until your final transcript has been reviewed over the summer. Check your “To Do” list often (located on the right side of your CI Records page) for other enrollment requirements.
- Follow the link after you accept our offer of admissions for Step 2 of the Intent to Enroll process (see below) to pay the non-refundable orientation fee. If you log out after completing Step 1, you will need to visit the “Finance” section in CI Records to pay the orientation fee.
Step 2: Pay the Non-Refundable Orientation Fee of $175
Once you have accepted our offer of admissions, a non-refundable fee of $175 will be charged to your student account for new student orientation. Orientation is a mandatory, 2-day, overnight program that will introduce you to important resources and services and provide you with critical academic advising information. Orientation also includes a special track for parents and guardians to participate in. Visit Island View Orientation program website for additional details.
The orientation fee is due immediately unless you have been granted a deferment (see the Orientation website, above, for details).
Step 3: Choose a Mandatory Orientation Session
The third and final step of the Intent to Enroll process involves choosing a mandatory orientation session. Log onto myCI. Under my links, click on “Orientation” in order to register for one of the orientation sessions being offered in June 2016. You are required to attend the entire program. If you do not attend, arrive late or leave during any portion of the program, your admission will be withdrawn and you will need to reapply for the next available term. Parents/guardians are highly encouraged to attend. Refer to the Orientation website, referenced above, for important details.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid (optional)
If you would like to apply for need-based financial aid, you will need to file a 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application on or before the March 2, 2016 priority deadline. Filing begins for both financial aid applications as well as CI scholarships on January 1, 2016. Please refer to your “To Do” list on the CI Records page for documents that must be submitted to Financial Aid no later than Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Visit the Financial Aid website for more details.
Step 5: Take a Placement Exam
Students admitted to CSU Channel Islands may be required to take placement exams in order to determine which English or Math course they need to enroll in for the fall term. These tests are called the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) exam. If you are required to take one or both exams, then you must take them no later than Saturday, May 7, 2016. You must register at least two weeks prior to the test date.
There’s a number of ways to be exempt from these exams. Visit the testing website for details about exemptions and test preparation.
Step 6: Apply for Housing (optional)
Although not required for incoming freshmen, living on campus is a popular option for both new and continuing students. Beginning in early April 2016, interested students may submit a housing application at myCI. For additional details, please visit the Housing website.
Step 7: Submit your Immunization Records
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Students graduating from a California public high school on or after July 1, 1999, will have satisfied this requirement. All other students (e.g., those graduating from a California private high school, home schooled or any out-of-state high school, or born after January 1, 1957), must provide proof of immunization.
- Two doses of MMR are required.
Hepatitis B (Hep B)
All new students who will be 18 years of age or younger at the start of their first term at CI must provide proof of full immunization against Hepatitis B. Students graduating from a California public high school on or after July 1, 1999, will have satisfied this requirement.
- A complete series contains three timed doses over a 4 to 6 moth period.
You can mail, email, or fax the documents:
MAIL: CSU Channel Islands- Student Health Services, One University Drive, Camarillo, CA, 93012-8599
Failure to return this proof of immunity form may result in a hold being placed on your account. This action will prevent you from registering for classes in the following semester. Please call 805-437-8828 for additional information or if you have special circumstances.
Step 8: Submit Final Transcripts
In order to receive final clearance to attend CSU Channel Islands in the fall, you must arrange to have your final transcripts (with your graduation date posted) and AP scores (if any) sent directly to the Admissions Office no later than July 15, 2016:
CSU Channel Islands
ATTN: Admissions Office
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012