You’ve been admitted. What must you do next?
Getting Started: Read the Transfer Fall 2017 Enrollment Guide (PDF, 219 KB)
You received this guide as part of your Admissions packet. The following steps summarize information included in the guide. Please note the guide includes details regarding admission requirements and important deadlines.
Step 1: Accept our Offer of Admission
To reserve your space for fall 2017, admitted applicants must complete the 3-step Intent to Enroll process no later than Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Step 1 is to accept our offer of admission:
- Log into your myCI and click on “CI Records.” Your login information was emailed within 48 hours after submitting your application for admission. We used the email address that was noted on your application for admission. Please check your SPAM/junk mail folder if necessary.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page (under “Admissions”) and “Accept” or “Decline” Admissions. “Accept” means that you are electing to enroll at CI for fall 2017 and are responsible for completing the next two steps of the Intent to Enroll process by Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. IMPORTANT: Once you accept our offer of admission, you will be held responsible for paying a $50 mandatory and non-refundable orientation fee.
- Note: After accepting our offer of admission, a yellow triangle will appear and remain until your final transcript has been reviewed. Check your “To Do” list often (located on the right side of your CI Records page) for other enrollment requirements.
- After you accept our offer of admission, follow the link for Step 2 of the Intent to Enroll process (see below) to pay the non-refundable orientation fee. You must wait 24 hours for the system to refresh before completing Step 2.
Step 2: Pay the Non-Refundable Orientation Fee of $50 (Wait 48 hours after completing Step 1)
Once you have accepted our offer of admissions and waited 48 hours for the system to refresh, log back into myCI:
- Under My Links, click on “CI Records.”
- In the Finance section of your Student Center, under “Account Summary,” you will where the orientation fee has been posted.
- Click on “Make a Payment.”
- Click on “Login to CashNet” to pay the required orientation fee by Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Once in CashNet, click on link for “Make a Payment” on the top menu bar.
- Click on “General Balance” and enter $50 for the orientation fee in the “Amount” box.
- Click on “Add to Shopping Cart” and then on “Checkout.” Follow prompts for entering method of payment.
- For detailed instructions, visit www.csuci.edu/sbs/online-orientation-payment-process.pdf.
The orientation fee is due by Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. unless you have been granted a deferment. Deferment means that payment of the orientation fee will be charged to your fall semester’s account if you enroll as planned and may be covered by financial aid IF you are found eligible. Students who filed a 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application on or before the Thursday, March 2, 2017 deadline AND have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of 4,000 or less will be considered for a deferment of the new student orientation fee. We are unable to grant a deferment until the results of your financial aid application (FAFSA or Dream Act) is shared with us. If a deferment is not granted, you will need to pay your orientation fee no later than Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. If you choose not to attend CI in the fall or your admission is canceled or rescinded, you are still held responsible for paying the orientation fee. Financial aid will not cover expenses owed to CSU Channel Islands if you fail to enroll as planned or should your admission be canceled or revoked for failing to fulfill admission or enrollment requirements.
Step 3: Choose a Mandatory Orientation Session
Step 3 of the Intent to Enroll process involves registering for a one-day mandatory orientation session. Log into myCI. Under my links, click on “Orientation” in order to register for the session pertaining to your major. You are required to attend the entire program. If you do not attend, arrive late or leave during any portion of the program, your admission will be withdrawn and you will need to reapply for the next available term. Refer to the Island View Orientation program website for important details.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
If you would like to apply for financial aid, you should file a 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act application on or before the March 2, 2017 priority deadline. Please refer to your “To Do” list on the CI Records page for documents that must be submitted to Financial Aid no later than the May 31, 2017 priority document deadline.
Visit the Financial Aid website for more details.
Step 5: Submit In-Progress Transcripts and AP or CLEP Exam Scores
- The deadline to submit in-progress transcript(s) is May 1, 2017. You will not be able to register for fall classes requiring pre-requisites if you fail to meet this deadline.
- The deadline to submit Advance Placement (AP) exam scores is also May 1, 2017. If you took AP exams in high school or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, you must request that your official scores be sent to us directly from College Board by this deadline (unless you have already done so).
AP/CLEP credit awarded from your transferring institution will not suffice. College Board archives scores taken 4 or more years ago, this requiring additional processing time. Please plan accordingly.
Step 6: Submit FINAL Transcripts
Official transcripts with spring 2017 grades posted must be received by Friday, July 14, 2017 at 12:00 noon. It's your responsibility to request official transcripts from all community colleges and/or universities attended and have them submitted by the deadline.
You will be unable to register for fall 2017 classes until we are able to verify that you have completed all admission requirements. Verification takes place once we have received and reviewed your final transcript(s) and test scores (if applicable).
Have your final transcripts and test scores (if applicable) sent directly to:
CSU Channel Islands
ATTN: Admissions Office
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012
Faxes and emails are not accepted.
Note: Regarding Proof of Associates Degree for Transfer (ADT)
Students who will earn a California Community College Transfer Associates Degree (SB1440), also known as AA-T or AS-T, and did not report it on their CSU application, must send a hard copy of the degree evaluation to us by March 15, 2017.
Visit your community college admissions and records office and/or the transfer counseling center to request an AA-T/AS-T evaluation and verification. If you have not or will not be earning an ADT, or if you reported and ADT on your admissions application, then this deadline does not apply to you.
Step 7: Submit your Immunization Records by June 1, 2017
Visit go.csuci.edu/immunization for details. Failure to comply with the immunization requirement may result in a hold being placed on your account, which will prevent you from registering for classes in the spring. Please call 805-437-8828 for additional information or if you have special circumstances.
Step 7: Apply for Housing (optional)
Although not required, living on campus is a popular option for both new and continuing students. Applications will be available in April. For details, please visit the Housing website.