The following are the two major types of appeals that will be considered:
1. Appeals for Not Being CSU Eligible
Provisional admission decisions are based on an evaluation of the self-reported data you submitted on your application.
By the end of the spring semester (prior to fall entry), transfer applicants must:
- Have earned 60 CSU transferable semester units or 90 CSU transferable quarter units;
- Have a college GPA of 2.00 or better in all transferable college units completed;
- Be in good academic standing (eligible to re-enroll at the last college or university attended); AND
- Have completed the following classes with a grade of C or better:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- College level mathematics/quantitative reasoning. College Algebra will satisfy this requirement only if the course is from a California Community College or a California State University campus. The course must also appear on the community college's GE-Breadth pattern and the CSU campus's GE pattern.
2. Appeals for Missing a Deadline or Obligation
You may have been denied admission or your admission was withdrawn for failure to:
- Submit final official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended by the established deadline.
- Attend and/or complete New Student Orientation (mandatory).
What specific documentation is required?
Submit your completed Appeal Form along with supporting documentation to:
Admissions and Recruitment
RE: Admissions Appeal
CSU Channel Islands
Sage Hall One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012-8599
If you were DENIED Admission
- Official transcript(s) sent from all colleges and universities attended. Transcript(s) must be issued within the past two weeks.
- Official enrollment verification of any courses currently enrolled in or course grades (if not on transcript).
- Official Advanced Placement (AP) examination scores and/or International Baccalaureate (IB) transcripts (if applicable).
- Military documents if applicable (DD214, Joint Services Transcripts (JST), Community College of the Air Force transcript).
For Provisionally Admitted Students who had their Admission CANCELLED or RESCINDED
- Official transcripts or test scores that were not previously submitted to Admissions and Recruitment (if applicable).
- Statement as to why you failed to attend or complete Orientation (if applicable).
Request for Re-Evaluation of Denied EXTENDED UNIVERSITY Transfer Students
- Contact your program for appeal information and requirements.