Spring 2016 Admissions
To be considered for Spring 2016 admission to CI, applicants should have all upper division CSU admissions requirements completed by the end of Summer 2015.
To maintain an admitted status and enroll, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units);
- Be in good standing at the last institution attended;
- Earn at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA); and
- Complete the “Golden Four” courses with a grade of “C” or better:
- Oral Communications
- Written Communications
- Critical Thinking
- Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
* The spring application is open for all majors except Pre-Nursing.
Steps to Enroll
- Apply at www.csumentor.edu. Applications will be accepted from August 1-August 31, 2015.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be received or postmarked by noon on Wednesday September 30, 2015. Any file not completed will not be evaluated for the Spring term.
- If you are planning to use the Fall 2015 term to complete the CSU admission requirements, you will need to submit an updated official transcript (with grades posted) in addition to the in-progress transcripts due on September 30. Transcripts must be received or postmarked by noon on Friday, January 8, 2016. You will be unable to register for classes until we have verified your eligibility, which cannot be done until we receive your final set of transcripts.
- Apply for financial aid via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Dream Act Application. Be sure to include CI's Federal School Code (039803) by Friday September 18, 2015. The Financial Aid & Scholarships office must receive your FAFSA by September 18th for priority consideration.
- Submit all documents required by Financial Aid by Thursday, October 15, 2015. Only financial aid eligible students that meet both the FAFSA application deadline and document deadline (September 18th & October 15th) will have their tuition deferred. Students not meeting the deadlines, MUST pay their tuition fees from their own resources by the payment deadline.
- Check your myCI for your admission status. MyCI account login information will be emailed to you after applying. Email email@example.com if you need your myCI information resent.
- If admitted, submit your intent to enroll online by Thursday October 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM
- Sign up, through your myCI, for an Academic Advisement Workshops, which will take place December 16, 17, 18, 2015 (Advisement workshops are assigned by major.) Only students who have submitted their intent to enroll and final transcripts will receive the link to register for the workshops.
- Register, through your myCI, for Islands View Orientation, which will take place on Friday January 15, 2016. Only students who have submitted their intent to enroll will receive the link to register for orientation.
Fall 2016 Admissions
Applications for fall will open October 1, 2015 and close on November 30, 2015 on www.csumentor.edu. Applicants for Fall 2016 are expected to have all CSU admission requirements completed by the end of Spring 2016. Please check back during the application period for important deadlines and dates.