California State University Channel Islands (CI) accepts transfer applications for
upper-division transfer students only.
All admissions requirements must be met by the end of the term (semester or quarter) prior to enrollment to be considered for admission. For spring applicants, all requirements must be completed by the summer term. Fall applicants must have requirements completed by the end of spring.
|Admit Term||Completion Date|
|Spring 2017||End of summer 2016|
|Fall 2017||End of spring 2017|
|Spring 2018||End of summer 2018|
Upper-Division Transfer Requirements
- 60 transferable semester units, or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Have a college grade point average of 2.00 or better in all transferable college units completed.
- Must be in good standing at the last college or university attended (i.e., you are eligible to re-enroll).
- Have completed the following classes with a grade of "C -" or better:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Critical thinking
- College level mathematics/quantitative reasoning*
*College Algebra from an out-of-state institution is acceptable in meeting this requirement only if the course meets the out-of-state institution’s GE math requirement.
Are you ready to apply?
If you meet the requirements above and are ready to apply, visit CSUMentor to submit an application. Spring applications are accepted from August 1-31. Fall applications are accepted from October 1-November 30.