Academic Planning Committee Meeting Notes
February 14, 2007
- Notes: The meeting notes from the November 2006 meeting were distributed and approved
- Status of the Academic Plan: Steve reported that the CSUCI academic plan will be on
the March agenda of the Board of Trustees in the form that we submitted it in January.
- Template for New Degrees: Steve distributed the new CSU Degree Program template. There
was a general discussion regarding the revision of our long form to include new elements
requested by the Chancellor's Office. The group also discussed the short form. After
some deliberation, the following was agreed to:
- Modify the long form according to the new template and revise the signature page to
include sign off from Ted Lucas (approval ‐ Steve will take this window to review
the program with Ted) and OPC (for their review/consultation).
- The Short form, after approval by the Senate, will be distributed as an information
item to: Information Technology, the Library, OPC and the Dean of Faculty.
- Modify the long form according to the new template and revise the signature page to include sign off from Ted Lucas (approval ‐ Steve will take this window to review the program with Ted) and OPC (for their review/consultation).
- Degree Update: Steve updated the committee on pending programs. They are as follows:
MFA in Art ‐ in Curriculum Committee
MA English ‐ in Curriculum Committee
Applied Physics ‐ approved by the Senate and President, sent to Chancellor's
- Meeting with Community Members: It was determined that several stakeholder meetings will take place over the next few months. It was agreed that two meetings should be held this spring, one with persons in health related fields and a second with persons in government and social services fields. It was agreed that our committee ought to focus its request for input in this fashion. Committee members were asked to consult faculty and other existing community contacts for referrals for these meetings. Steve will coordinate the meeting times. Other data needs to be collected such as transfer students, their curriculum, etc. We agreed not to have a separate meeting for community colleges, but include them selectively in the other meetings. Community meetings in other content areas may take place later, perhaps in summer.