Student Volunteer & Engagement
We are excited to offer CI students the following opportunities to get involved with the 2014 CSU Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs (ATOD) Educational Conference entitled “Forecasting the Future: Intervention Today, Prevention Tomorrow” scheduled for April 3 and 4, 2014, at CSU Channel Islands:
- Attend: Student registration deadline is March 21, 2014. The student registration cost is $25.
- Volunteer: To sign up to help, please go to our SignUp Genius page or contact Ms. Geri-Lyn Himebaugh to learn more about volunteer opportunities associated with the conference.
We anticipate approximately 300-350 attendees and this is the first time CI will be hosting this annual state-wide event, so let’s make it memorable! This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with peers while developing skills that will benefit you both personally and professionally.
In order to support emerging student needs, this year's ATOD conference is highlighting programs and resources related to the following themes:
- Aware, Awake, Alive at the CSU
- Tobacco Prevention Initiatives and Education
- Policies and Procedures to Support ATOD Prevention
- Student-Involved Prevention
- ATOD Research and Innovation
We are looking forward to your participation in the 2014 CSU ATOD Educational Conference!