Blackboard Tutorials for Faculty
Where to Get Help with Blackboard
The Academic Technology Staff has created some video tutorials to assist you.
The Help Desk can point you in the right direction for help, but if you want to get assistance quicker you can use the following:
- Blackboard 9.0 guide (PDF, 663KB)
- Instructional Designers at CSU Chico will be available to assist you with your Blackboard
questions. They are using the same version of Blackboard as we are and have committed
to responding to phone and email requests within 4 hours (during normal business hours
of 9 – 3, Monday through Friday. We have a direct line set up for this very purpose.
You can also email them with a request for an appointment. Their areas of expertise
- Respondus Quiz Builder
- Blackboard Grade Center
- Blackboard Assessments
- Turning Point Clickers
- The phone number is: (805) 437-3571
- Email support is available by emailing CIlearnsupport@csuci.edu
- Tom Emens can provide support for:
- Lecture Capture
- Atomic Learning
- NBC Learn
- Bill Ochs can provide support for:
- Social Networking Tools (wikis, blogs, and journals)
- Atomic Learning has Blackboard Tutorials located at:
- From within every course in CI Learn. Click on the Atomic Learning link and you will
automatically be signed in and can use any tutorials found there. The link to the
Blackboard tutorials is:
Atomic Learning Blackboard Tutorials
- From within every course in CI Learn. Click on the Atomic Learning link and you will automatically be signed in and can use any tutorials found there. The link to the Blackboard tutorials is:
- Setting Up a Course
Make a Course AvailableView More...
Create a New Content Area
- Course Management & Customization
Change a Course's Entry PointView More...
Change the Menu Style
- Communication & User Management
Discussion BoardView More...
Enroll a User
- Online Assignments and Assesments
Create an AssignmentView More...
Create an Online Assessment
- Grade Center
Download GradesView More...
View Grade History