What is a VoiceThread?
A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.
A better description can be found by watching this short VoiceThread.
Campus Support for VoiceThread
At this semester's Faculty Orientation, Michelle Pacansky-Brock gave a presentation on engaging student communication within an online environment. This presentation generated a lot of interest from the faculty and resulted in a workshop on VoiceThreads conducted by Michelle. Another result of the workshop was the creation of a virtual office hour for Michelle.
Dates and Times:
- March 2, 16, 30 (all Wednesdays) from 1-2 pm
- March 8, 22 (both Tuesdays) from 1 – 2 pm
Michelle can provide you with VoiceThread support, but she is also happy to answer questions more specific to pedagogy and managing students in an online environment. In order to reach her, simply visit her virtual office here on the dates and times listed above.
Login credentials once you get to the link:
For help getting started with wimba, visit our support site.
Michelle has also created a VoiceThread where instructors can leave comments.
You may leave comments in the VoiceThread embedded below or click here for a larger version
To play the VoiceThread:
- Click on the ">" button at the bottom.
To leave a comment:
- Click on "Sign in or Register" to access or create a free VoiceThread account.
- Click on the "Comment" button
- Select your commenting method from the options that appear on the screen.
- Record/type your comment.
- Click Save.
To delete your comment:
- To delete your comment, click on your avatar along the side of the image to play your comment.
- While your comment is playing, click on the "garbage can" icon.