Need Help Now?
If you would like to speak to a clinician immediately, please call CAPS at 805-437-2088. If you reach the voicemail, select option 1 to access 24/7 phone counseling.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) provides short-term mental health services in a confidential setting to assist students in achieving their academic and personal pursuits.
CAPS is pleased to provide a wide range of services to assist the campus community including individual, couples, workshops and group therapy, crisis intervention, psychiatric consultation, 24/7 phone counseling, outreach, consultation, relaxation room, and other resources.
Hours and Location
- CAPS is located in Bell Tower East 1867
- December 19 -23, 2016 : Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- December 26, 2016 - January 2, 2017: CAMPUS CLOSED
- January 3, 2017 - January 20, 2017: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Spring 2017 Regular Business Hours: Mon, Tue, Thurs, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Wed/Fri 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
We are here to listen and support you as our nation works through this election transition. If you are struggling with the personal impact of the election and/or the tone of the national discussions, please call 24/7 (805-437-2088) and/or utilize our walk-in services.
- Holiday tips: Holiday Ten Tips (PDF, 120KB) Holiday Stress (PDF, 98KB)
If you are concerned about a student or colleague, you can also contact Dr. Kirsten Olson, Director of Counseling and Disability Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.