As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. We also offer a variety of 1:1 appointments with a career counselor to help you progress through the career development process.
Types of career counseling include:
- Self-Discovery: Explore your personality, values, skills and interests through career assessments.
- Career Research: Conduct career exploration research to find information on career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Design A Career Plan: Develop short-term and long-term career goals
- Develop Proactive Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Interview Skills: Build key interview skills to successfully secure an offer.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.