The academic program review cycle provides a mechanism for faculty and administration to evaluate the effectiveness of their academic programs on a continuous basis. The intent is for the University to evaluate a program’s strengths and weaknesses within the contexts of emerging directions in the discipline and the mission of CSU Channel Islands. This process was initiated by Academic Senate Policy 06-13 guides this directive, and guided by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Continuous Improvement and the Academic Affairs Continuous Improvement Committee.
The following link provides more detailed information on the process Program Review Guidelines (PDF, 567KB). The information below provides a brief description of the process, key deadlines, the calendar for upcoming reviews, and links to past reviews.
CI Program Review Process (Year One)
- AVPAA – Continuous Improvement reviews procedures with programs slated to begin the review process
- Program forms its self-study committee
- Program collects and assembles data for self-study
- Program collects names of prospective external reviewers
- Program begins self-study report
- Program drafts and finalizes self-study report
- Program submits self-study to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement by May 31st
- Program submits names of potential external reviewers to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement for AVPAA and Provost approval by May 31st
CI Program Review Process (Year Two)
- Self-study Team visits campus
- Self-study Team submits written report one month after visit
- Continuous Improvement Committee reviews the program’s self-study, external review report and recommendations, and provides input and recommendations to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement
- AVPAA and Provost review the program’s self-study, external review report and recommendations, and provide input and recommendations to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement
- Program and AVPAA meet to identify priorities and action plan (MOU) for program improvement
- Program submits their final action plan (MOU) for program improvement to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement by June 30th
Academic Affairs Program Review Schedule
To view Adobe PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Reader.
To view Microsoft Word and Excel documents, please download and install Microsoft Office.
|Next Review Begins||Non-Degree Program||Last Review||Current Action-Plan|
|Fall 2013||General Education||N/A|
|Fall 2017||Academic Advising||N/A|
|Learning Resource Center||N/A|
|Fall 2020||Library||2013||LIBRARY (AP)|
|Writing Multiliteracy Center||N/A|