The academic program review cycle provides a mechanism for faculty and administration to evaluate the effectiveness of their academic programs on a continuous basis. The intent is for the University to evaluate a program’s strengths and weaknesses within the contexts of emerging directions in the discipline and the mission of CSU Channel Islands. This process was initiated by Academic Senate Policy 06-13 guides this directive, and guided by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs - Continuous Improvement and the Academic Affairs Continuous Improvement Committee.
The following link provides more detailed information on the process Program Review Guidelines (PDF, 567KB). The information below provides a brief description of the process, key deadlines, the calendar for upcoming reviews, and links to past reviews.
CI Program Review Process (Year One)
- AVPAA – Continuous Improvement reviews procedures with programs slated to begin the review process
- Program forms its self-study committee
- Program collects and assembles data for self-study
- Program collects names of prospective external reviewers
- Program begins self-study report
- Program drafts and finalizes self-study report
- Program submits self-study to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement by May 31st
- Program submits names of potential external reviewers to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement for AVPAA and Provost approval by May 31st
CI Program Review Process (Year Two)
- Self-study Team visits campus
- Self-study Team submits written report one month after visit
- Continuous Improvement Committee reviews the program’s self-study, external review report and recommendations, and provides input and recommendations to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement
- AVPAA and Provost review the program’s self-study, external review report and recommendations, and provide input and recommendations to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement
- Program and AVPAA meet to identify priorities and action plan (MOU) for program improvement
- Program submits their final action plan (MOU) for program improvement to the AVPAA – Continuous Improvement by June 30th
Academic Affairs Program Review Schedule
To view Adobe PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Reader.
**Underwent the CSU Pilot Program Review Process, next review will be under the CI Program Review Process.