Accommodations are not automatically provided by the University. It is the student's choice to self-identify a disability and request services.
Procedure for New Students Requesting Services/Accommodations:
- Student must first be admitted into the University
- Apply for DRP services by clicking the link above to complete application form
- Submit supporting documentation (documentation must be uploaded online, faxed to 805-437-8529, or submitted in-person at the Education Access Center located in Bell Tower, Room 1541)
Documentation may include:
- 504 plan, IEP, evaluation/assessment reports, medical documentation, etc.
- If you do not have any documentation, you must complete and submit a “Self-Report form”
We look forward to continuing to work together with you and providing you with an accessible education!
Although it is not necessary for you to provide DRP with verifying documentation each semester, students are required to add their classes for services each semester that accommodations are needed. You will only be required to provide additional documentation if a new accommodation is requested and documentation on file does not justify the need.
Returning students are encouraged to register for DRP services immediately after course registration to ensure that your accommodations are provided in a timely manner.
To obtain the dates for the returning student open intake or to schedule a one-on-one returning student intake appointment with a disabilities counselor, please visit us at the Educational Access Center, Bell Tower 1541, or call 805-437-3331.