CI recognizes that accessibility is a shared responsibility. Our common goal with faculty and staff is to provide equal access to all educational programs and activities. Disability Resource Programs (DRP) works together with faculty and staff to ensure an accessible educational experience for students with disabilities.
DRP provides the following services to faculty and staff:
- Orientation of services
- Consultation (classroom accessibility, program and event accommodations, student concerns, ADA and University compliance)
- Test proctoring/alternative test-site (DRP students only)
Faculty and Staff with Disabilities
- Faculty and staff in need of disability accommodations will work together with their supervisor and the AVP of Human Resources for all disability-related accommodations.
Accessibility Online Resources
There are several things you can do to ensure that your instrauctunal materials and documents are accessible. To help you accomplish this, we have provided information and links to workshops and triainings on how to check for accessibility in your course and how to create accessible documents.
Training and Workshops
- Creating accessible PDFs files with Acrobat DC (Lynda.com)
- Checking for accessibility (Lynda.com)
- Creating accessible Microsoft Office Documents (Lynda.com)
- Adding captions and subtitles to YouTube videos (Lynda.com)
- Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) at CSU Channel Islands
- ATI Instructional Materials - Accessibility Resources for Instructors at CSU Channel Islands
- Accessible Technology Resources for Teaching and Learning at CSU Chancellor's Office
- University Design for Learning (UDL) Resources - EnACT project (Sonoma State)