Frequently Asked Questions

To view Adobe Acrobat PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Booking information

Q. Who manages/organizes the external events for the University?
A. Danny Haws is our Transportation Lead / Special Events Planning Coordinator (TLSEPC). You can reach him via telephone at (805) 437-8476 or via email at

Q. How far in advance should an event be booked?
A. Depending on the event type you are requesting, we require a minimum of six (6) weeks in advance.

Q. What is the cost for having an event on campus?
A. The Facilities Rates and Service Fee Schedule may be accessed to help you decide if the facilities meet your needs for size and cost. Cost varies for each event and location.

Q. Are fees waived for non-profit organizations?
A. No, qualifying non-profit organizations are able to access a discount of the facility/room cost.

Q. How is an event booked?
A. Please contact the TLSEPC to obtain date and location availability and costs. The External Events and Facilities Use Request (EFUR) Form must be completed and returned to the TLSEPC in order to tentatively secure the location, date, and time. This must be done at least six (6) weeks in advance of the event.

Q. Is a deposit required?
A. Yes, a deposit in the amount of the facility fee is due with the signed Facility Use Agreement (FUA).

Q. Can arrangements be made to tour the available locations?
A. Yes, please contact the TLSEPC to arrange a day and time.

Advertising the event

Q. Can I advertise my event?
A. Yes; however, the use of the University name/logo requires additional approval and may not be utilized until the Facilities Use Agreement (FUA) has been fully approved and executed. Please contact the TLSEPC to coordinate any publicity/advertising or use of logo.

Special requirements

Q. Are certificates of insurance required?
A. Yes, certificates of insurance and all endorsements must be provided to the University at least six (6) weeks prior to the event. Please contact the TLSEPC to coordinate insurance needs.

Q. Can food and beverages be served at an event?
A. Yes, University Glen Corporation (UGC) is the designated caterer for all campus events. For menu and pricing please contact the TLSEPC.

Q. May alcohol be served at the event?
A. Yes; however, the CSU Chanel Islands Procedures to Serve Alcoholic Beverages on Campus Form must be submitted to and approved by University officials. Please contact the TLSEPC for further details.

Q. Does the campus require Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance?
A. Yes, all events must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and be ADA accessible to persons with disabilities. The sponsor of the event is responsible for requests for access accommodations and for the cost of disability accommodations. Information is available at

Campus provisions

Q. Does the campus provide special setups, e.g. Information Technology (IT) related services, audiovisual, tables, and chairs?
A. Yes, these services can be provided for events. Please refer to the Events and Facilities Use Request Form for services available. Contact the TLSEPC to obtain written estimates.

Q. May equipment be rented instead?
A. Yes, equipment from an outside rental company is acceptable. If tents are needed they must be pre-approved by the State Fire Marshall and require proper fire safety equipment. Download the State Fire Marshall Tent Approval Form.

Q. Are restroom facilities available?
A. There are a limited number of restrooms for some of the rental facilities. Portable restrooms are encouraged for large events.

Campus parking

Q. Where is parking allowed on campus, and what does it cost?
A. Parking location(s) for your event will be determined by the Police and Parking Services department. The cost for parking is $6.00 per vehicle.

Q. Is alternate transportation available to the campus?
A. Yes, VISTA Bus service. Please click on the appropriate link to find out the VISTA Bus schedule. Camarillo VISTA or Oxnard VISTA. The cost is $1.25 one way or $2.50 round trip.


Q. How are cancellations handled?
A. Cancellation of a Facilities Use Agreement by the requester must be in writing and received by the TLSEPC a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled event.

Thank you for considering California State University Channel Islands Campus for your event. If you have additional questions or we may be of further service to you, please contact the campus Transportation Lead / Special Events Planning Coordinator via telephone at (805)-437-8476 or via email at