Frequently Asked Questions

To view Adobe Acrobat PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Booking information

Q. What are the contact hours to call the Events Office?
A.  The Event office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays. The contact number is (805) 437-8548. Any system errors, additional support and event requests will be processed during normal business hours, in the order submitted.

Q. How far in advance should an event be requested?
A. At least 14 business days before the event date.

Q. What is the cost for having an event on campus?
A. You may request a quote for specific event needs in your event request or look at the Facility Rates and Fees.

Q. What is the definition of a “Co-Sponsored” event?
A.  An event co-sponsored with an external individual, organization or agency with a university department, university auxiliaries, or other recognized university clubs or organizations.  Co-sponsorship is appropriate when there is a clear connection with or contribution to the university.  The educational mission of the co-sponsoring university affiliate must be enhanced by the co-sponsored event.  The university affiliate will need to provide support staff and/or other resources.

Advertising the event

Q. What are my options for advertising my event?
A. All internal events have 3 options for free advertisement. You may submit for News Release, Wavelength Submission, and/or add your event to the CI Homepage Event Listing.  All of the forms are located under the forms tab.

Special requirements

Q. What steps need to be taken to serve food and beverages at an event?
A. University Glen Catering has first right of refusal for on-campus catering. To utilize outside services, the requester must obtain a waiver signature from University Glen at (805) 437-8905 or e-mail

Q. May alcohol be served at the event?
A. The use of alcohol requires the approval of University officials. Please reference the Policy on Alcohol under the Policy tab.  University Glen Catering has first right of refusal for obtaining alcohol. To utilize outside services, the requestor must obtain a waiver signature from University Glen at (805) 437-8905 or e-mail

Q. Does the campus require Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance?
A. All events must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and be ADA accessible to persons with disabilities. The event requestor is responsible for requests for access accommodations and for the cost of disability accommodations. Information is available at


Q. What do I do if the space I reserved for my event does not have restrooms?
A. You will need to request the closest building with restrooms to be programmed to open or will need to rent portable restrooms for your event.

Campus parking

Q. Where is parking allowed on campus, and what does it cost?
A. Parking location(s) will be determined by the Transportation and Parking Services department. The cost for parking is $6.00 per vehicle; however group rates may apply depending on campus activity.

Q. Is alternate transportation available to the campus?
A. Yes. A shuttle service is available from 7 a.m. to 10:20 p.m., Monday through Friday, from the Camarillo Metrolink Station on Lewis Road, and from Oxnard College and Centerpoint Mall in Oxnard. On Saturdays, the service from Camarillo Metrolink runs from 7:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. and from Oxnard College and Centerpoint Mall from 7 a.m. to 5:25 p.m. Cost is $1.25 one way. Parking at the Metrolink and Centerpoint Mall shuttle sites is free. Download map of shuttle sites (PDF, 57KB)


Q. How are cancellations or changes to a request handled?
A. Email all changes or cancellations immediately to to request to cancel or update your reservation.