Maintaining your place in the neighborhood is as easy as 1-2-3:
Step 1: Apply Online.
To apply for on-campus student housing you must log on to your Dolphin VIP account.Don’t remember your Dolphin VIP account? Visit the Dolphin VIP website to retrieve your log in information listed under ‘Returning Dolphin VIP User'.
Step 2: Submit your On-Campus Housing Application.
- Log into csuci.edu/csuci4me.
- Click the Housing Application Link under the ‘Admissions Checklist’ header. You will be navigated to our Housing and Residential Education portal. Please proceed with completion of your student housing application by selecting the option listed ‘If you are a student with a dolphin account’. Log into the housing application using your myCI sign in.
- After completion of your online student housing application, print out two copies of the confirmation page. Keep one copy for your personal records and send the other copy along with your $50 non-refundable application fee to the Student Business Services office.
Step 3: Return your signed Housing License Agreement.
Once we've received your online housing application and fee, you'll automatically receive an email regarding your housing license agreement and instructions on the next steps.
Step 4: Make all scheduled payments.
Timely submission of all housing payments is necessary regardless of whether the funding comes via financial aid or private funds. Whether you anticipate receiving financial aid or not, you’ll want to be sure to submit all housing payments by our designated due dates to ensure housing during the academic term you are applying for.
Step 5: Move in!
The fine print:
- Students receiving full or partial financial aid awards who wish to use their financial aid monies to cover some or all housing fees, should contact our office right away to inquire about the process to follow. In order for staff to determine if financial aid funding can be applied towards housing fees, the student must have been offered and accepted financial aid at CSU Channel Islands.
PLEASE NOTE: Financial Aid fee deferrals are not automatic. To inquire about the use of financial aid monies to cover housing fees, please contact our office at (805)437-2733.
- Please send initial payments no earlier than 72 hours after HRE’s receipt of your signed license agreement. It takes 72 hours to process the signed license agreement and post housing charges to a student’s myCI account. Payments which arrive prior to the receipt of a signed license agreement and posting of room and board charges are subject to return or delay in posting to your myCI account.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or requests: