Becoming a Resident is Easy!
Follow these five easy steps:
Step 1: Be accepted to CSU Channel Islands and submit your intent to enroll.
Once you are admitted, you will receive an Intent to Enroll form. Filing your intent opens many opportunities to access campus services including your housing application, so early filing is strongly encouraged.
Step 2: Submit your On-Campus Housing Application via myci.csuci.edu.
- Enter your myCI Login information.
- Under 'myLinks' select the 'Student Housing Application' link.
- Select the term you are applying for under 'Term Selector: Academic Year [academic period admitted] and select applicable CI Status'.
- Submit your application payment, housing application, and deposit by the designated deadline to secure a bedspace!
Step 3: Return a hard copy of your signed Housing License Agreement Signature Page if you are less than 18 years of age.
Step 4: Make all scheduled payments.
Timely submission of all housing payments is necessary regardless of whether the funding comes via financial aid or private funds. Whether you anticipate receiving financial aid or not, you’ll want to be sure to submit all housing payments by our designated due dates to ensure your housing accommodation needs are met. Making subsequent payments on time is also essential to retaining your housing eligibility.
Step 5: Move in!
The fine print:
- Students receiving full or partial financial aid awards who wish to use their financial aid monies to cover some or all housing fees, should contact our office right away to inquire about the process to follow. In order for staff to determine if financial aid funding can be applied towards housing fees, the student must have been offered and accepted financial aid at CSU Channel Islands.
PLEASE NOTE: To inquire about the use of financial aid monies to cover housing fees, please contact our office at (805) 437-2733.
- Please send initial payments no earlier than 72 hours after HRE’s receipt of your signed license agreement. It takes 72 hours to process the signed license agreement and post housing charges to a student’s myCI account. Payments which arrive prior to the receipt of a signed license agreement and posting of room and board charges are subject to return or delay in posting to your myCI account.