Becoming a Resident is Easy!
Follow these five easy steps:
Step 1: Be accepted to CSU Channel Islands and submit your intent to enroll with $100 payment.
Once you are admitted, you will receive an Intent to Enroll form. Filing your intent opens many opportunities to access campus services including your housing application, so early filing is strongly encouraged.
Step 2: Submit your On-Campus Housing Application via myci.csuci.edu. The fall 2016 Housing Application should be available in April of 2016. There is a $50 non-refundable fee to submit your application. Freshmen and Transfers who submit their applications by May 23, 2016 are guaranteed housing. Assignments of premium space is handled by lottery and not by the date and time of the application. Applications received after May 23 will be placed on a waiting list and will be offered accommodations on a space-available basis.
- Enter your myCI Login information.
- Under 'myLinks' select the 'Student Housing' link, and then 'Application'
- Select the term you are applying for under 'Term Selector: Academic Year [academic period admitted]' then 'Save & Continue'
- Submit your application payment, housing application, and $1,500 deposit by May 23, 2016 to secure on-campus housing!
Step 3: Return a hard copy of your signed Housing License Agreement Signature Page if you are less than 18 years of age.
Step 4: Make all scheduled payments.
Timely submission of all housing payments is necessary regardless of whether the funding comes via financial aid or private funds. Whether you anticipate receiving financial aid or not, you’ll want to be sure to submit all housing payments by our designated due dates to ensure your housing accommodation needs are met. Making subsequent payments on time is also essential to retaining your housing eligibility.
Step 5: Move in!
The fine print:
- Students who completed a FAFSA and have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) or $4,000 or less are eligible for a deferral of the $1,500 deposit to August (date TBD). This will happen automatically in the application if you are eligible. Otherwise, you will be directed to pay the deposit.
- Students who received a deferral of the deposit must ensure that all documents required by the financial aid office to verify their application are submitted by the deadline. Students who do not submit documents on time will be notified that the deposit must be paid in order to obtain or retain a room assignment.