Becoming a Resident is Easy!
Follow these five easy steps:
Step 1: Be accepted to CSU Channel Islands and submit your intent to enroll with $100 payment.
Once you are admitted, you will receive an Intent to Enroll form. Filing your intent opens many opportunities to access campus services including your housing application, so early filing is strongly encouraged.
Step 2: Submit your On-Campus Housing Application via myci.csuci.edu. The Fall 2015 Housing Application will be available after 10 a.m. on April 9, 2015. There is a $50 non-refundable fee to submit your application. Freshmen and Transfers who submit their applications by May 18, 2015 are guaranteed housing. Assignments of premium space is handled by lottery and not by the date and time of the application. Applications received after May 18 will be placed on a waiting list and will be offered accommodations on a space-available basis.
- Enter your myCI Login information.
- Under 'myLinks' select the 'Student Housing' link, and then 'Application'
- Select the term you are applying for under 'Term Selector: Academic Year [academic period admitted]' then 'Save & Continue'
- Submit your application payment, housing application, and $1,500 deposit by May 18, 2015 to secure on-campus housing!
Step 3: Return a hard copy of your signed Housing License Agreement Signature Page if you are less than 18 years of age.
Step 4: Make all scheduled payments.
Timely submission of all housing payments is necessary regardless of whether the funding comes via financial aid or private funds. Whether you anticipate receiving financial aid or not, you’ll want to be sure to submit all housing payments by our designated due dates to ensure your housing accommodation needs are met. Making subsequent payments on time is also essential to retaining your housing eligibility.
Step 5: Move in!
The fine print:
- Students who completed a FAFSA and have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) or $4,000 or less are eligible for a deferral of the $1,500 deposit to August 18, 2015. This will happen automatically in the application if you are eligible. Otherwise, you will be directed to pay the deposit.
- Students who received a deferral of the deposit must assure that all documents required by the financial aid office to verify their application are submitted no later than May 29, 2015. Students who do not submit documents on time will be notified after July 3 that the deposit must be paid by July 20 to obtain or retain a room assignment.