When students are given the opportunity to collaborate, they produce impressive results. When universities and businesses work together, the possibilities for powerful student learning opportunities are endless.
The Idea to Impact Student Challenge is for teams of middle school and high school student teams that create projects and portfolios regarding an issue related to energy and the environment.
The challenge uses a team collaborative approach to encourage students to learn more about science and STEM careers while enhancing the students' 21st century skills and capacity for leadership.
To participate in the challenge, students assemble:
- A team of 3 - 6 students with an educator mentor
- A detailed lesson plan that is taught to other students
- A community service-learning project
- A research proposal (high school only)
- A creative presentation communicating the impact of their efforts
- Reflections on their experiences
- A written and digital portfolio that documents their work and its impacts
Explore the history of this student challenge.