The primary objective of Project ISLAS is to build a university going culture in the region and strengthen university infrastructure and programs that further promote CSU Channel Islands' (CI) commitment to fostering diversity, facilitating access and promoting educational attainment.
Project ISLAS is a cross-divisional collaboration with a campus wide and regional impact. Project components include:
- Getting Ready: To improve the university readiness of Ventura County's future university students by developing targeted outreach programs for students in public high schools and community colleges.
- Getting Through: To increase the retention and educational attainment of CI students by developing a University Experience Program that focuses on the academic success of students in their freshman year and of students in their transfer year.
Project ISLAS goals include:
- Increase direct access to 4-year institutions for traditionally underserved populations.
- Increase student success by developing a University Experience Program with integrated student support services and co-curricular elements.
- Build an institutional culture of evidence and assessment and to provide professional development opportunities that support student success.