Webinars are available on-demand to view at your own convenience.The webinar link and materials will be sent to the email provided on the registration form. Registration is required for all webinars using the single registration link provided below.
Webinars are available to all CI faculty and staff as well as our Community Partners and our colleagues from Community Colleges in Ventura County.
Addressing the Unique Needs of Undocumented Students: How Recent Policy Change Affect College Access
- This webinar expires December 15, 2014.
- With passage of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) initiative, the U.S. has begun to pave the way for many undocumented students to pursue college without threat of deportation. What do you need to know about policies, on both local and national levels, in order to best serve and welcome students from this growing population? Based on nearly 10 years of research and practice, this webinar will help you understand how recent policy changes affect college access both in your state and on your campus and unique needs of undocumented students.
How to Measure & Monitor Student Success Using Quantitative & Qualitative Data
- This webinar expires November 30, 2014.
- This session will focus on how institutions can positively impact student success while maintaining the commitment to access. We will define a "culture of evidence" and identify strategies for building institution-wide commitment to addressing student success issues by using quantitative and qualitative data to better understand the barriers students are facing as they attempt to navigate our institutions.
Project Based Learning
- The Project Based Learning webinar is available via Audio CD. Please register to check out the CD from the University Experience library. You will be contacted for pick up and return date.
- Learn how to increase the depth of student learning in many curricular areas by moving toward student-directed inquiry on academic topics in which students develop their understanding through the completion of in-depth projects.