Staff and Contact Information
Associate Director of Access, Orientation and
Associate Director's Message
Dear Incoming Students:
Congratulations, you will soon be an official Dolphin! It is my pleasure to be one of the first to welcome you to CI! CSU Channel Islands is embarking on celebrating 10 years, a true decade of distinction. It is important to know that soon you will become part of the history and tradition of CI. Dolphins demonstrate much pride in their association with the University, and Island View Orientation for new students will provide you with the opportunity to become familiar with the campus, obtain valuable information to succeed academically, and learn ways to get involved to make the most of your collegiate experience.
You are encouraged to peruse the New Student, Orientation and Transition Programs website, which will assist you with navigating your first year successfully. We are here to help you along your journey: from your first experience at CI through Island View Orientation, your first days of your semester with the Ask Me campaign, first semester events such as the Freshmen Reunion, and programs designed to boost your confidence and aid in your academic and social transition to the University. Please see this website as one of your tools for success that can be used throughout your CI experience. I also encourage you to consider student leadership opportunities, including becoming an orientation leader. You will find a link to your orientation leaders on this website and the opportunity to apply for an upcoming position. I believe one orientation leader said it best when she remarked, “If you can be an orientation leader, you can be anything!”
Get ready to enjoy being a part of the CI community. The entire campus community is committed to your success, so feel rest assured you have a lot of support to aid in your transition.
I look forward to meeting you at Island View Orientation!
Access, Orientation and Transition Programs
New Student, Orientation and Transition Programs
Telephone: (805) 437-3160
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CSU Channel Islands
NSOTP – Bell Tower 1506
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012
New Student, Orientation and Transition Programs supports University recruitment and retention initiatives by coordinating events, activities and services that reflect CI traditions and values in order to integrate new students holistically (socially and academically) into the CI community.
- Provide the opportunity for new students to navigate the campus and seek support from various programs, services and activities related to academic, social, physical, and emotional growth in the first year
- Introduce new students to academic programs, staff and faculty available in order to make informed and appropriate academic plans
- Provide intentional first year transition activities designed to engage students in the University experience and increase CI’s first year to second year retention rate
- Provide opportunities for first year CI students to pursue leadership opportunities with the support and encouragement of other student leaders
- Provide a welcoming environment that builds a sense of community and increase self-confidence among the incoming freshmen class to transition into CI’s diverse culture and traditions
- Assist new student development of confidence in the ability to succeed socially in the first year by informing on University behavioral expectations, and appropriate and healthy social choices