To promote and embrace a campus climate and culture that welcomes all forms of multiculturalism and diversity in order to ensure a safe and inclusive environment at CSUCI for working, living, and learning.
Diversity at CSUCI is a source of renewal and vitality.
California State University Channel Islands is dedicated to improving the university environment for legally protected categories, including but not limited to nationality, religion, race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation.Toward this end the commission which reports to the President shall be responsible for reviewing and making recommendations regarding:
- The preparation of the annual campus plan for improvement of the university environment for all legally protected groups (hereafter referred to as diversity groups).
- Programs developed at other universities, including making recommendations which, to the extent consistent with California and Federal law and CSU Executive Orders, may be considered for adoption by California State University Channel Islands.
- Campus issues regarding diversity groups and policies, including personnel policies that explicitly deal with or have the potential to impact equity and the diversity environment of the university.
- Assessment, services, and programs for diversity groups, including an evaluation of the effectiveness of those services and programs.
- Recruitment, enrollment, retention in and graduation of students who are members of diversity groups, including recommendations consistent with California and Federal law and CSU Executive Orders.
- Recruitment and retention of faculty, staff and administrators who are members of diversity groups, including recommendations which, to the extent consistent with California and Federal law and CSU Executive Orders, may be considered as measures for improving the university’s recruitment and retention efforts.