History of the CSU Police & Parking Services
- October 13th, 1999 Department Established as CSU Channel Islands Public Safety consisting of the Police and Transportation/Parking
- Department has 3 Sworn officers Sgt. Steve Johnson becomes Interim Chief of police
- K9 program established with 2 dogs Lucky and Jano (German Shepherds)
- Jeff Young is Appointed as the First Chief of Police.
- A 24/7 Communication center (Public Safety Access point) is established
- New K9 joins the team. Bonnie (German Shepherd)
- Department purchases 2 new Police K9 Dogs. Kevin and Frida
- The Department has 13 Sworn officers and six civilians including two sergeants from CSU Northridge.
- CSU Police & Parking Services 4-1-1 first issue is published (Public Safety Newspaper)
- Jeff Young Retires as Chief of Police
- Jeff Cowgill Appointed Interm Chief of Police
- 1st Community Safety fair takes place for the University Glen Community
- John M. Reid Appointed as Chief of Police
- 2nd Community Safety day takes place for the University Glen Community
- 1st Operation Safe Halloween (safety event) takes place in the University Glenn Community
- K9 Kevin retired
Departments name changed to CSU Channel Islands Police & Parking Services.
The Department has 38 Staff and 16 student workers.
Officer deSoto-Teunis is awarded officer of the year
Deanne Ellison is awarded Civilian Employee of the year
Amanda Van Noy is awarded student assistant of the year
K9 Freda retired
Dispatcher Brian Pichette is awarded dispatcher of the year.
Officer Dan Borgstrom awarded officer of the year
Lynn Rice awarded dispatcher of the year
Daisy troop 889 Visits Police & Parking Services for a tour and the 911 for kids educiation program
- Corporal Kevin Medily Awarded Officer of the year
- Brian Pichette Awarded Dispatcher of the year
- 6th Operation Safe Halloween University Glen Community
- Personal Preparedness Forum ARE YOU READY?
- 7th Annual Community Safety Day