CSU Channel Islands Police & Parking Services Core Mission:
The California State University Channel Islands Police & Parking Services, in partnership with its student-centered community ensures for a safe and secure campus environment.
CSU Channel Islands Police & Parking Services Core Philosophy:
- Police & Parking Services accepts nothing less than excellence. What we do is important. What we do makes a difference.
- Police & Parking Services supports civility, understanding and mutual respect towards all persons.
- Police & Parking Services focuses on public safety issues through the delivery of services that includes aspects of traditional law enforcement, as well as prevention, problem-solving, community engagement, and partnerships.
- Every staff member, both individually and collectively, has the authority to solve problems and make operational decisions suitable to their roles.
- Leadership is required and rewarded at every level, with administrators, supervisors, police officers, and dispatchers held accountable for decisions and the effects of their efforts at solving public safety issues.
CSU Police & Parking Services Core Goals:
- Employ excellent people. Educate, develop, and empower them to make a difference.
- Practice civility, understanding and mutual respect.
- Provide excellent traditional law enforcement services.
- Provide excellent crime prevention services.
- Facilitate problem solving as opposed to problem responding.
- Engage the community and nurture mutually beneficial partnerships.