Public Safety

Contact Us, Reporting Emergencies, Crimes, and getting help in a Crisis

Immediately report any crimes, medical emergencies, accidents, or safety concerns to the Police and Parking Services Department. Police and Parking Services  has a 24 hour communications center.  Trained Police Dispatchers will promptly dispatch the appropriate resources to the incident.

  • Call 911 for all Emergencies
  • Call (805) 437-8444 for non-Emergencies
  • Call (805) 437-8430 for Parking Services
  • Use one of the many Emergency phone's “code blue phones” located around campus.  They’re generally found near the parking lots.  You simply need to push one button to reach the Police Dispatcher.
  • Email us at  
  •  Stop by our offices located near the A1 parking lot, we’re in the Placer Hall Building across the street from Sage Hall. The police station lobby is always open and police assistance is available by using the phone inside the lobby when the front desk is closed.                                         
Calls made to 911 on a cell phone may possibly be routed to the California Highway Patrol, or the Ventura County Sheriff's Office instead of the CI Police. Remember that it's very important to answer the questions being asked by the 911 operator and to know your location ( I am at CSU Channel Islands University) this will help the 911 operator to determine the appropriate response for your Emergency Call. It is highly encouraged that you program the non-emergency phone number to the University Police Department into your phone. (805) 437-8444.( THIS NUMBER IS FOR NON-EMERGENCIES ONLY). 

Anonymous Reporting   

crime stoppers   

Click on picture above for the web page                                                                  

CI Police & Parking Services has partnered with Ventura County Crime Stoppers, a non-profit organization that supports crime prevention efforts. Crime Stoppers gives you the ability to provide an anonymous tip about crime.

Other resources for help during a crisis

211 photo blue with stars  

Click on picture above for  the web page                                                                

  • “2-1-1” or “1-800-339-9597” will get you in contact with Ventura County’s comprehensive referral service for all your off-campus health and human service needs.   
  •  Student Health Counseling   and Psychological services at 437-8828