Watersport Activities | Rates and Registration |Driving Directions|Register Now!
About the Camp
At the Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp we pride ourselves in providing first-class programs that take full advantage of all the amenities of the beautiful Channel Islands Harbor. Our camp offers courses for all skill levels. Whether you are a beginner or have engaged in watersport activities for years, you can find fun, excitement and a challenge on the water. With a safety first attitude, our professional instructors, who hold the proper certifications, allow all students the opportunity to learn in a fun and safe environment. Whether the activity is windsurfing, kayaking, or sailing, our camp is intended to teach the skills necessary for handling and maneuvering these vessels safely while teaching proper etiquette and seamanship that is useful in all types of boating.
- Children ages 8-16
- Children must be 11 years old or older for Windsurfing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)
- All campers must be qualified swimmers “water safe.” Campers will be required to pass a swim test consisting of a 50-meter swim and 2 1/2 minutes of treading water on the first day of camp.
CSU Channel Islands Accommodation Statement
Persons who, because of a special need or condition, would like to request an accommodation should contact Disability Resource Programs at 805-437-3331 or email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 10 business days before the event, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Sailing (Two week camp):
Session A: June 20 – June 24 and June 27- July 1 Session B: July 11 – July 15 and July 18 – July 22 Session C: July 25 – July 29 and August 1 - August 5
Kayaking (One week camp):Session 1: June 20 – June 24
Session 2: June 27- July 1 Session3: July 11 – July 15 Session 4: July 18 – July 22 Session 5: July 25 – July 29 Session 6: August 1 - August 5
Stand Up Paddle Boarding/Windsurfing (Two week camp):Session A: June 20 – June 24 and June 27- July 1
Session B: July 11 – July 15 and July 18 – July 22 Session C: July 25 – July 29 and August 1 - August 5
The CSU Channel Islands Youth Watersports Camp operates Monday through Friday from 9:00AM- 4:00PM
- 8:30AM - 9:00AM Arrival, Check-In
- 9:00AM - 12:00PM Morning Instructional Activities
- 12:00PM - 12:30PM Lunch
- 12:30PM – 1:00PM Aquasmart Lesson
- 1:00PM - 3:30PM Afternoon Instructional Activities
- 3:30PM - 4:00PM Equipment Check-In and Clean-Up
If your child needs to be picked up or dropped off during the schedule of a normal day, please contact the Camp Coordinator prior to that day. Special pickup or drop off MUST be pre-approved or take place between 12:00PM and 1:00PM or campers may be “on the water” and not accessible.
At the End of Each Day
At the end of the day all boats and gear must be put away and the dock must be cleared of all gear and equipment. Clean-up will begin no later than 3:30PM To encourage teamwork, no participant may leave until all boats and gear are properly put away. Participants will be ready to be picked up by 4:00PM All participants must be picked up by 4:00PM
Participants must provide their own transportation to and from the waterfront.
Participants must provide their own sack lunches and beverages, especially water each day of camp.
What to Expect....Monday Morning Check-In:
Check in will be located at the Channel Islands Boating Center between 8:30AM and 9:00AM. Please be patient when waiting for your child to be checked in. We need to check in every child individually to make sure that they are properly placed in a group. We try to be as fast and efficient as possible however you should still allow extra time on Monday morning. To help the morning run more smoothly, you can do the following:
- Make sure your child has already applied his/ her sun block and his/ her is prepared with a lunch and plenty of water.
- Make sure that the Participant Packets are filled out completely (the release form must be signed and completed).
Once your child has been placed with an instructor:
- Put your child’s lunch and bag on summer camp shelves in the trailer. Participants and guardians are only allowed in the trailer when accompanied with an instructor.
After the first day, you will need to check your child in and out each day. Camp begins promptly at 9:00AM. If you know that they will be late or missing a day, please let us know at 805-437-8902.
What to Bring
The Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp will provide all of the necessary gear and equipment for the participants. For your child’s safety and comfort both on and off the water, the following items are highly recommended for every class every day.
- Sunglasses (with “Croakies” or other tethering systems)
- Sun block (waterproof and 30 SPF or more)
- Flip Flops/Sandals
- Swim shorts
- Extra change of clothes
- Sack lunch (There will be no time to purchase a lunch during the day at the harbor. Please supply a lunch prior to arriving!)
- Plenty of water
- Any medications*
- Anything else that you may feel is necessary
*Note: Channel Islands Boating Center instructors will not administer any medications to participants. Please see exception on Regonline.
Lost and Found
Please clearly mark all of your child’s belongings. Please speak to your child about the importance of keeping track of all of his/ her personal belongings. All items left on the dock, or in and around the building will be placed in the Lost and Found box. Please check to see that your child has all of his or her belongings at the end of the day. The Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp is not responsible for any items that are lost or stolen items.