CI News Alerts
RSP now has an online "Intent to Apply" form. Please use this form as a first step in communicating your interest in applying for a grant or a contract. Upon submission of the online "Intent to Apply" a staff member will contact you.
CSU News Alerts
CSU Research Compliance Alerts: NIH Publication Policy - http://www.calstate.edu/research/research_compliance.shtml
State Contract Suspension Notices http://www.gov.ca.gov/index.php?/executive-order/10333/
Launch of new version of Office of Research Initiatives and Partnerships web site - http://www.calstate.edu/research/research_initiatives.shtml
National News Alerts
New RSP web page on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 - Stimulus Funding. For more information, please go to the 2009 Federal Stimulus Funding Updates page
PureEdge Retires - If you're preparing an application for submission through Grants.gov, you'll need version 8.1.3 of Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mac or version 9.0 of Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows .
Note: Mac Users - Apple Security Patch Affects Grants.gov Form Use
If you are planning to submit an NIH grant application please note that all applications intended for due dates on or after January 25, 2010 require the use of new forms and instructions. Major changes include:
- Restructured forms to align with review criteria
- Significantly shorter page limits
These changes apply to all competing applications, so whether you are submitting a new, renewal, resubmission or revision, you must take action now to ensure a successful submission!
Return to the updated funding opportunity announcement or reissued 'parent announcement' at http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/guide/parent_announcements.htm to download the new application package and instructions.
- FOAs are in the process of being updated. See 'timeline' for more information at http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/parent_announcements.html
Be sure to choose the correct forms. Applications intended for due dates on or after January 25 require new forms.
- For Electronic SF 424 (R&R): ADOBE-FORMS-B
- For Paper PHS 398: Revision date "June 2009"
Read the updated FOA and new application instructions carefully.
For more details the Enhancing Peer Review Web site which has a page dedicated to the upcoming 'application changes' http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/restructured_applications.html as well as a number of additional resources including:
- A short 'video overview' of the changes http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/application_changes_video.html
- FAQs http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/faqs.html
- List of related 'policy notices' http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/policy_anouncements.html
- A 'Training and Communications Resources' page and more at http://enhancing-peer-review.nih.gov/training_communication.html
You can receive monthly updates on NIH grant policies and activities through the NIH Extramural Nexus at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/nexus.htm
NIH Director Announces Enhancements to Peer Review - http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jun2008/od-06.htm
NIH Implements New Public Access Policy - http://publicaccess.nih.gov/policy.htm
NSF Release New Grants Proposal Guide Effective January 5, 2008 - http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=gpg
National Science Board Approves NSF Plan for 21st Century STEM Education - http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=pr07199