Fees & Due Dates
Students must first register for classes before tuition and other fees can be paid. Below are a few important facts to remember:
- Account balance and important notices are obtained through students' myCI accounts.
- Regular updates and decline information are sent to students through Dolphin email.
- Partial payments are accepted with an approved, electronically sined Tuition Installed Payment Plan (TIPP) contract on file with SBS.
- Please note that payments cannot be processed after the due date. Non-payment may result in disenrollment. Check myCI account notices.
- Please refer to the Financial Aid procedutes for payment details.
Dis-enrollment can occur for the following reasons:
- Tuition, campus-based fees, lab fees, or other miscellaneous fees are not paid by the published due date.
- The TIPP monthly payment is not paid by the published due date.
- If fees are not paid by Friday at 5 p.m. of the week of registration for those registrations that occur after August 16, 2013.
Special Course Fees
Several courses require the payment of lab fees as a condition of enrollment. These fees may be indicated in the Schedule of Classes next to the course listing. Lab fees are paid with tuition and other fees, and are subject to the payment deadlines. Lab fees range from $15 to $1,000 per course. Student accounts will automatically be credited for lab courses if dropped by the add/drop deadline. Lab courses dropped after the deadline will not be refunded.
Breakage Card Fees
Several courses require a breakage card fee of $25.00, which is refunded at the end of the semester once confirmation is sent to Student Business Services stating that nothing was broken and all supplies were returned. A partial refund may apply in some cases.
A $25.00 fee is applied to a student account for any returned items from the bank or for a declined credit card transaction. To pay for this fee, only cash or verified certified funds will be accepted.
If enrollment has already occurred, classes may be cancelled. If this happens, the student must re-register and pay a $25 late registration fee. Please note that all financial balances must be resolved and registration holds cleared to avoid delays in registration and/or to fulfill of graduation requirements.
For more information about Housing payments and the Housing Installment Payment Plan (HIPP), please refer to the Housing website.
Late Payments Fees
A $25 late payment fee will apply to any charge not paid by the due date. A missed TIPP or HIPP payment will be subject to a $25 charge for each missed payment. Students who sign a TIPP or HIPP and expect to receive financial aid at a later date are responsible to make each payment until the financial aid has been applied to their account. Pending financial aid is not considered a payment.