Tuition Installment Payment Plan
- How to Make an Online Tuition Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) (PDF, 295KB)
- Terms and Conditions of Tuition Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
CSU Channel Islands Tuition Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) enables students, who are in good financial standing with CI, to pay for tuition in installments at no interest, with only a $33.00 non-refundable administrative fee (per semester) required. The TIPP contract can only be accessed and signed on-line through the student’s myCI account. This fee is non-refundable even if the student later receives financial aid or decides they do no longer want a TIPP. The TIPP payment plan only applies to tuition charges. The TIPP contract and the first payment must be submitted to Student Business Services by the published due date.
In addition to the first payment of tuition charges, the first TIPP payment must also include campus-based mandatory fees, lab fees, and other miscellaneous fees as these do not fall under TIPP guidelines. This will make the first TIPP payment higher than the remaining TIPP payments.
Below are a few additional important details about TIPP:
- A student may be dropped from the program for failure to submit the TIPP contract, first payment, campus based fees and other miscellaneous fees by the published due date.
- A $25.00 fee will be assessed for late payments.
- A student who signs a TIPP and later is awarded financial aid must continue to make the TIPP payments until financial aid has been applied to the account. There will be no refund of the $33 TIPP fee after the TIPP contract is signed.
- If the obligations under the terms of the TIPP are not met, students will not be able to participate in this plan for future semesters.
- The plan is only available during the period for which charges are due. The TIPP is not available after a due date.