Financing Authority meeting agenda
Monday, January 27, 2003
(immediately following meeting of
California State University, Channel Islands Banquet Room
One University Drive, Camarillo, California 93012
Agenda URL: http://www.csuci.edu/about/siteauthority.html.
Chairperson -- vacant
R. J. Considine, Vice Chairperson
Debra S. Farar
Richard P. West
1. Call to Order (Considine) and Roll Call (Jones)
2. Minutes of February 4, 2002 Meeting
3. Public Comment Period (Pursuant to Government Code section 11125.7)
4. ACTION ITEM: Election of Financing Authority Chairperson and Vice Chairperson
5. ACTION ITEM: Approval of resolution setting forth selection of meeting dates for 2003.
6. ACTION ITEM: Approval of Bond Anticipation Note (BANS) Financing in a Not-To-Exceed Amount of $13,000,000 for CSUCI Approved West Campus Academically-Related Projects
At its October 21, 2002 meeting, the Site Authority approved
the use of east campus revenues to fund several academically
related projects. Since that time, the financing team has
developed a financing structure to provide the needed cash
through the issuance by the Financing Authority of Bond Anticipation
Notes (BANs) to begin these projects. The BANs, issued at
a relatively low interest rate, will be refunded at a later
time with an issuance of long-term bonds. Documents and a
resolution for approving the BAN transaction are being prepared
and will be provided to members of the Authority Board prior
to the meeting.
7. Member Forum (Open Discussion for Members, Including any Requests for Matters to be Considered at Future Meetings)
For information on this or other meetings you may contact Rhonda Tyacke, California State University Channel Islands, Administration Building, One University Drive, Camarillo, California 93012; 805-437-8457.