The application period for the 2015-2016 academic year is now closed. The application period for the 2016-2017 academic year will be open from April 1, 2016, through July 1, 2016. Applications will be available online only. Please see below for more details.
Who Can Join?
Potential SSS students must be officially admitted and/or currently enrolled at CI.
To be eligible for Student Support Services at CI, students must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- A first-generation college student (both parents have not completed a bachelor's degree), OR
- Meet specific low-income federal guidelines, OR
- Have a documented learning, occupational or physical disability.
- Applications will be available on Friday, April 1, 2016. To apply, please visit: https://ciapps.csuci.edu/studentsupportservices.
- All applications are to be submitted online.
- In order to complete the application, you will need the following information:
- 2015 Taxable Income Amount from your Federal Income Tax Return (Note: Dependent students will need parent's/guardian's 2015 taxable income.)
- Household size
- Parent's highest level of education
- Applicants will receive notification of their application status no later than July 30, 2016.
- Students selected for the program will be contacted to set up a mandatory orientation/intake meeting with an SSS staff member.
- Be sure to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 2 deadline. You may apply online at the FAFSA website.
How are SSS Participants Selected?
All SSS applicants are reviewed by the SSS staff. Decisions are based on academic need and personal information provided on the SSS application for participation. It is important that you provide thorough and accurate information.