The Summer Transition for Academic Guidance and Educational Success (STAGES) summer component is a three-day, non-residential program serving 35 new and continuing SSS students which aims to provide skills for a successful transition to college life. SSS students will focus on academic resources, career development, financial literacy, leadership skill building, and other activities. Participants will benefit from personalized attention, individualized instruction and accessibility to campus resources.
STAGES Program Goals
By the end of the STAGES Summer Component students should be able to:
- Smoothly transition to university life
- Utilize key campus services
- Explore career and graduate school options
- Develop a greater understanding of financial literacy
- Develop a greater self and cultural awareness
- Understand the SSS Tutor Referral Process
- Enhance interpersonal connections with peers
STAGES 2015 will be held August 21-23, 2015. For information on how to participate, please contact the SSS Center at 805-437-3560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAGES 2014 Photos
Above: Third annual STAGES participants near the California Science Center
Above: STAGES participants engaged in one of the campus resources workshops
Above: SSS students getting to know each other by playing some icebreakers
Above: SSS students showing their CI Spirit.
Above: Staff, students and families celebrating a successful STAGES program.