Attention CI Students:
By now you have probably heard about the Affordable Care Act, sometimes called ObamaCare. Under this law you may find that you are now eligible for the newly expanded Medi-Cal program or for financial assistance when purchasing private health insurance through a new state government agency, Covered California (CC).
As a college student, you may be wondering how Covered California will benefit you. Here are some facts that you should know:
- If you’re 26 years old or younger, you can obtain coverage under your parents’ health insurance plan!
- Now that you are guaranteed coverage, you can no longer be denied coverage due to a pre-existing condition!
- Covered California will:
- Help you shop and compare plan options;
- Help you determine if you qualify for financial assistance that will lower your costs; and
- Provide enrollment assistance online, on the phone, or in person.
- International students are not eligible for Covered California.
If you would like to learn more, please contact Ms. Catherine Pedrosa at Catherine.email@example.com or call her at 805-485-6288 x270. Ms. Pedrosa is a Covered California Certified Educator and Enrollment Specialist.
You can also connect with Covered California at/on:
Wm. Gregory Sawyer, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
CSU Channel Islands
Camarillo, CA 93012