Student Health Services

What do I have to pay?

Back to FAQ

Professional care at  Student Health Services is provided at no charge to enrolled students. However, additional fees will be charged for some immunizations, by pharmacies, by outside lab service agencies and by outside x-rays facilities. Most insurance plans will cover prescriptions, lab tests and x-rays ordered by our medical providers (with the exception of Kaiser). We recommend you contact your insurance plan to determine covered benefits prior to your visit.

Do you need outside medical assistance but don't have health insurance coverage? We may be able to help you. Visit Student Health Services to ask us about the following assistance programs:
  • ACE Program – This program is designed to provide individuals with comprehensive outpatient and inpatient services, including specialty care. Applicants must show proof of California residency, confirmation of income and evidence of U.S. legal residency.
  • Ventura County Health Care Agency Self Pay Program – Patients who have no insurance coverage and who are not eligible for any of the other available Ventura County Health Care Agency programs may apply for discounted rates.
  • Ventura County Homeless Program – This is a first-come/first-served service (no appointments necessary) offered by the county of Ventura. The program covers all manner of assistance for the homeless including medical services, medication assistance, Medi-Cal application assistance, housing options, food stamp application assistance, behavioral health assistance and more.
  • Family PACT – Provides no-cost family planning service to eligible low-income men and women who are California residents and do not have insurance which covers family planning or have insurance but need to keep services confidential. If you qualify, Family PACT will cover the cost of pap smears, STD testing and birth control methods for both men and women.

The Student Health and Counseling Center (SHCC) does not provide health insurance. Information on insurance policies designed especially for students is available at  Yuba Hall and at

Back to FAQ