Exercise is not only a great way to manage your overall physical health but it also helps to reduce stress. Take note of the following tips for success:
- Choose activities you enjoy!
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes most days of the week.
- Activity can be divided up into 10 -minute intervals and still counts.
- A combination of aerobic and strengthening exercises is best.
- Weight-bearing exercise helps strengthen bones, and prevents osteoporosis (brittle bones).
- Walking is great exercise. Take advantage of this beautiful campus and walk around to satisfy your exercise needs!
The CI Recreation Center is a great resource for achieving your physical activity goals. They offer physical activities in seven categories: health and fitness, informal recreation, instructional programs, intramural and extramural sports, outdoor adventures/waterfront, sports clubs and special events. Contact the Rec Center for more information on their programs.